North Penn Art is participating in Living Hope Farm’s Community Supported Agriculture produce shares
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.
Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of “shares” to the public. The share consists of a bin of vegetables fresh picked from the farm. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a “membership” or a “subscription”) and in return receive a bin of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.
How much does a CSA Cost?
- Shares come in two sizes, large and small.
- Large shares cost $800, and small shares $500. A payment plan is available for both large and small shares for an additional fee of $10.
- Large share owners receive 10 – 12 items per week (10 in the beginning of season then adding 11th and 12th items as we get into summer months).
- Small share owners receive 6 items per week.
A large share is estimated to be enough for a family of four cooking 4 – 5 times a week.
Please mail your payment to:Living Hope FarmPO Box 409Harleysville, Pa 19438
Please complete and mail this form: LIVING HOPE FARM CSA MEMBERSHIP FORM with your check and put the shareholder’s name on the Memo line of your check!!
What should I expect?
- Enjoy our delicious veggies throughout the summer and fall!
- Shareholders will be able to choose their items ONLINE with our online ordering system
- The shares will be picked up weekly Wednesday from 5pm-7pm at North Penn Art on Broad Street
- If you forget to place your order or choose not to place an order online, you will still be given a nice selection of produce, chosen by your farmer known as the farmer’s choice.
- The season length is 24 weeks beginning the end of May thru mid November
What if I go on vacation?
- You can decide what to do with your share when you go on vacation. Many decide to have a friend or neighbor pick it up, or ask us to donate it that week. If you have a friend pick up, you do not have to let us know in advance. We prefer you tell your friend whether you placed an online order, and if you are a large or small share.
- If you plan on donating your share, please let us know in advance, that way we can keep the produce in the cooler.
Where should I pick up my share?
- Pick up: Weekly (24 Weeks Long)
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 5pm-7pm
- Address: 720 S. Broad Street, Lansdale, PA 19446
When does the season start?
- The season length is 24 weeks beginning the end of May thru mid November.
- We will notify you of the first pick up day.
How do I sign up?
For Questions e-mail Sherri: firstname.lastname@example.org
Print and Complete this form:
and mail a check:
- The cost of joining the 2016 CSA season is $800 for a large share and $500 for a small share.